This topic provides guidelines for migrating Unomaly from the older Ubuntu platform to the new Debian-based platform.
If you are running on a cloud platform (installed using the .run file), you cannot use the ISO to migrate to the new platform. Instead, follow the backup and restore procedure to back up the current instance, install a new ISO, and restore the instance from backup.
If you need assistance, please contact support. We are happy to assist you with the entire migration process.
Before You Start
Before starting the migration process:
Download unomaly-188.8.131.52.run to Unomaly and run the upgrade package.
Download the unomaly-184.108.40.206.iso ISO package, but do not install it. You will use it during the migration steps.
Create a backup of the current state. The migration process overwrites your existing installation. If the migration fails, you can restore from the backup.
SSH into the Unomaly instance, select “Migrate to new platform”, and select “Prepare system for migration”. Make sure that “Migration prepared” says “true” before continuing.
Use the ISO file you downloaded in the preparation steps, and mount it in your server or hypervisor on the same Unomaly instance.
In the bootup menu, use the down arrow to select the second option in the menu, and press ENTER to start the migration.
In the following screen, select “Manual”.
- For every partition having “#1”, except for the
- Select the partition and press Enter.
- Configure according to the screenshots below.
Repeat for each partition:
- Select “Use as”, press enter, then select “Ext4 journaling filesystem”.
- Then select the other options according to the screenshots.
- End with selecting “Done setting up the partition”.
- Note the special mount directory for this partition (
- Be certain to select “no, keep existing data” for “Format the partition” as well.
In the end, the list should look exactly like the following image. Select “Finish partitioning and write changes to disk” to continue.
6. Confirm the changes. Make sure that
LV data is not in this list.
7. The migration will now continue on its own.
When the migration completes, log into the console menu and reset the IP address for the instance.
See instructions for changing network settings using the Unomaly console menu.
Restart the instance to activate the license.